Innovative solution for chiller-free galleys and multi-segment catering. ARCTICart™ is a high-performance, insulated in-flight cart that offers exceptional thermal insulation for the storage and transport of chilled meals and drinks. Developed by Bucher, this in-flight cart does not require dry ice or maintenance-intensive, power-hungry chillers, which makes ARCTICart™ a reliable and cost-effective option for airlines.
With ARCTICart™, airlines can implement return or multi-segment catering strategies with chiller-free galleys, resulting in significant cost savings. The cart features high-performance insulation and an optimized structural design that keeps the initial temperature of food and drinks stable and low for over 20 hours, ensuring the freshness and quality of the meals served to passengers.
Our key features
- Increase of less than 4°C over 20 hours without dry ice.
- ARCTICart™ enables a fully mechanical, passive, safe and dry food preservation method, which supports carbon-neutral targets in the cold chain logistics of in-flight catering
- Full compatibility with ATLAS standard (full-size and half-size)
- Self-contained thermal insulation – no need for dry ice or external chillers
- Maximum payload – internal usable space not reduced by cooling cassettes or additional insulation material